About Me

Just like it says above, this blog is a place were I can share treasures. A place I can share Bible verses, sermons or thoughts that have helped and encouraged me. My hope and prayer is that they will do the same for you. My name is Laura and I come from Northern Ireland but for the last 20 years I have lived in Denmark with my husband and 3 children. My husband is Danish so he is the MAIN reason for me living where I do. Our children are not so young anymore, our oldest daughter Sara is 19, our son Andrew is 17 and our daughter Leah is 13.

Thursday 10 February 2011

The reason why?

I´m being challenged these days about my relationship with God. How well do I know God? Do I only know about Him or do I REALLY KNOW Him? Is there room for improvement?  


Off course, there is always room for improvement:-) No matter how close you are.


My prayer this last while has been the verse in Ephesians 1,17


"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious father, may give you (me) the spirit of widom and revelation, so that you (I) my know Him better!"


I really don´t want head knowledge about God I want heart knowledge! I want revelation!


I suppose the reason I started this blog is to have a place for me to write down things that I have discovered while studying the Bible. A place to gather my thoughts, share my thoughts, ask questions, examine new thoughts and to share the treasures that I find with others. 


I also have some sermons that I have shared in church at one time or another. I thought maybe it would be good to share them on here too. I was blessed and challenged as I prepared these, so maybe someone else will be too.

3 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! We were discussing a couple of verses at Discipleship Explored last night that go with what you just talked about. I'll post them in the morning. Briefly they talk about praying for others to love God more and everything else will fall into place, knowledge etc. I haven't explained that well but Im sooo tired so I'll do it better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Love. Dad Writing. Thrilled to see you have this new blogspot. I was as blessed as I read of your desire to have a closer walk with God. This should be the desire of every believer. I came across this hymn which has so blessed me, I trust it will be a blessing to you & others.

    On the Lamb Our Souls are resting,
    What His love no tongue can say;
    All our sins, so great so many,
    In His blood are washed away.

    Sweetest rest and peace have filled us,
    Sweeter praise than tounge can tell;
    God is satisfied with Jesus,
    We are satisfied as well.

    Conscience now no more condemns us,
    For His own most precious Blood;
    Once for all has washed and cleansed us
    Cleansed in the eyes of God.

    Filled with this sweet peace forever,
    On we go through strife and care,
    Till we find that peace around us
    In the Lamb's high glory there.

    When we know WHO we are, WHAT we are; & WHAT WE CAN DO In Christ. It makes a great difference in our walk with Him. ( If this is too long you can delete it, after you read it ) Lots of Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats lovely Jim, warmed my heart to read it. God bless.

    ReplyDelete