About Me

Just like it says above, this blog is a place were I can share treasures. A place I can share Bible verses, sermons or thoughts that have helped and encouraged me. My hope and prayer is that they will do the same for you. My name is Laura and I come from Northern Ireland but for the last 20 years I have lived in Denmark with my husband and 3 children. My husband is Danish so he is the MAIN reason for me living where I do. Our children are not so young anymore, our oldest daughter Sara is 19, our son Andrew is 17 and our daughter Leah is 13.

Sunday 20 February 2011

You want peace?

Isaiah 26, 3 says:  You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You. 




Been thinking about this verse this evening. I think peace is something we all want in our lives and this verse tells us how we can have it - by having our minds "stayed" on God. 


I looked up the word "stayed" and the dictionary said "to continue to be in a place or condition."  Ummmhh Does my mind "continue" to be on God or do I let the troubles of life take my focus of Him? (I suppose I have to be honest!! haha) 
So to be honest, I do let "life" get my focus at times. 


If I have a problem what do I usually do? (Suppose you want me to be honest again!) Well,  I "continue" on that problem. I think about it, I worry about it, I reason about it, my mind gets "stayed" on my problem and what is the result? I lose my peace because my mind is not "stayed" on what it should be stayed on - GOD!! The more I focus on God, the more I think about who He is, how great He is, how much he loves me, the more I trust him. The more peace I have!!


I thought this was a good verse to start the week on. Who knows what this week will bring, who knows what  troubles and worries will knock on our door.But I know that I am going to work on my mind, on having it stayed on God and not on life. When I do my part, God does his and the natural result is peace! A peace way down, deep down in my heart:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment